Sunday 12 November 2017

Pro-Am Showdown #16 - Candle Birthday Card

Here's another one for my self-imposed challenge, Pro-Am Showdown , where I CASE a mass-produced card to make my own, amateur version.

Here is the card I'm casing:
the commercially produced card
I liked the line of candles and that some of them were cut out, with the pattern beneath. I also liked the glittery gold flames.

I cut the candles out of the pink cardstock, using a Silhouette . I backed them with some spotty paper and cut the numbers from the same paper. Then I cut the flames and number outline from gold glitter paper.

I'd like to enter:
Dragonfly Journeys glamorous gold
QKR Stampede touch of gold
Watercooler Challenges birthdays
Sisterhood of Crafters sparkle



13 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I always love both versions for your challenge, but you did improve the design by using a bigger glittered area! Love it!

Darlene said...

So so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Let the Sparkle Fly’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Liz said...

Super card, I wouldn't call your card an amateur version at all! I think it's really professional. xx

Heidi Weaver said...

What a fun CASE of a commercial card, Marina! Love the sparkles and colours you've used. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Pia S said...

All this sparkle and all those candles give this birthday card plenty of fun party feel!

AlisonC said...

I like the idea of your challenge. I look at things now and wonder 'Can I do that?' Spots and sparkle always go down well.

Claire said...

Great idea for a challenge and I really like your take on it, it's bigger and bolder and suits the theme x

Created by Kath said...

A great CASE! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday challenges!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Marina thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week and sharing your fun take on a commercial card. Love the glimmer paper and the size of your candles and numbers. Great card.

Sherri said...

Great birthday card and love the gold glitter! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Julie Odil said...

Love your version! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Julie, DT member

Lady Joyful said...

Great birthday card. Love the pops of glitter. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Jeannie said...

Hi Marina! Awesome card sure to bring a smile with all of the golden sparkle. Thanks so much for joining my Glamorous Gold blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys